Facebook has announced the resignation of support for older versions of its mobile Facebook and Messenger applications. The change will affect older Android and iOS users, but also all Windows Phone users.
In the message posted on the official blog of the most popular social networking site, its administrators explain the decision to constantly develop software, incompatible with the use of older versions of it.
Therefore, since April 1, older software versions will simply stop working.
Developers are encouraging to update, and owners of older devices to download lighter, truncated features of Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite.
However, the problem will be users of older devices that have not been prepared for current versions of the application. They will continue to use the browser version of the site, which on the small screen of the phone can be extremely burdensome.
End of support concerns:
– Facebook for Android v55, published November 16, 2015 (and earlier)
– Messenger v10, published August 14, 2014 (and earlier)
– Facebook for iPad v26, published October 10, 2011 (and earlier)
– Messenger v8, published July 14, 2014 (and earlier)
– Facebook for iOS, published October 10, 2011 (and earlier).
– Facebook for Windows 8 and 8.1.